Research programme: HIV-1 therapy - Astellas PharmaAlternative Names: YM-215389; YM-228855
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Astellas Pharma
- Class Thiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in HIV-1-infections in Japan
- 11 Apr 2005 Yamanouchi has merged with Fujisawa to form Astellas Pharma
- 11 Mar 2005 Data presented at the 12th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI-2005) have been added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity section