Mesalazine rectal foam - GiulianiAlternative Names: Asacol foam - Giuliani; Mesalamine rectal foam; SPD 480
Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2005
At a glance
- Originator Giuliani
- Class Aminosalicylic acids; Anti-inflammatories; Irritable bowel syndrome therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Lipoxygenase-cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Jul 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II for Ulcerative colitis in USA (Rectal)
- 16 Aug 2004 SPD 480 is available for licensing in Japan (http://ww7.investorrelations.co.uk/shirepharma/index.jsp)