Research programme: congestive heart failure-gene therapy - Sanofi GenzymeAlternative Names: Vascular graft occlusion gene therapy - Sanofi Genzyme; βARKct gene therapy
Latest Information Update: 16 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Duke University; Genzyme Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Gene transference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Ischaemic heart disorders; Vascular graft occlusion
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jun 2005 Preclinical trials in Vascular graft occlusion in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 Jun 2005 Data presented at the 8th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT-2005) have been added to the adverse events and Ischaemic heart disease pharmacodynamics section
- 29 Jul 2003 Genzyme General, Genzyme Biosurgery and Genzyme Molecular Oncology are now called Genzyme Corporation