Research programme: macrolide antibacterials - GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: 4"-O-Arylalkenyl-8a-aza-8a-homoerythromycins azalides; Anti-inflammatory macrolides - GlaxoSmithKline; Macrolide antibacterials research programme: GlaxoSmithKline; PLD-146; PLR 1; PLR-18
Latest Information Update: 19 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; PLIVA d.d.
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Macrolides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 May 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in European Union (unspecified route)
- 05 May 2006 GlaxoSmithKline acquires the research arm of PLIVA
- 20 Jul 2005 This programme is still in active development