Research programme: asthma therapy - GlaxoSmithKline/VentairaAlternative Names: Asthma therapy research programme - GlaxoSmithKline/Ventaira
Latest Information Update: 15 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Ventaira Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Battelle; GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 29 Oct 2007 Ventaira Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into Battelle
- 08 Jan 2004 BattellePharma is now called Ventaira Pharmaceuticals
- 29 Oct 2002 Preclinical trials in Asthma in USA (Inhalation)