Latest Information Update: 08 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator Vita
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 1A receptor agonists; Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 03 Sep 2004 Grupo Vita is now called Vita
- 03 Sep 2004 Grupo Vita has been acquired by Procter & Gamble
- 29 Oct 2002 Preclinical trials in Depression in Spain (unspecified route)