Research programme: matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors - ShionogiAlternative Names: MMI 116; MMI-166
Latest Information Update: 20 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator Shionogi
- Class Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Osteoarthritis; Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2004 Preclinical trials in Osteoarthritis in Japan (unspecified route)
- 16 Apr 2004 Data presented at the 95th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2004) have been added to the Cancer pharmacodynamics section
- 30 Oct 2002 Preclinical trials in Solid tumours in Japan (unspecified route)