At a glance
- Originator CV Therapeutics
- Developer Gilead Sciences
- Class Antiarrhythmics; Antihyperglycaemics; Cycloparaffins; Furans; Purine nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetes mellitus; Hypertriglyceridaemia
- Discontinued Arrhythmias
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Hypertriglyceridaemia in USA (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Diabetes-mellitus in USA (PO)
- 17 Apr 2009 CV Therapeutics has been acquired and merged into Gilead Sciences