At a glance
- Originator MetaPhore Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Anti-ischaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Oxygen radical scavengers; Superoxide dismutase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections; Neuroprotection; Reperfusion injury
Most Recent Events
- 02 Apr 2008 ActivBiotics sells its intellectual property assets including drug product candidates
- 18 Dec 2007 Suspended - Preclinical for Reperfusion injury in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Dec 2007 Suspended - Preclinical for Neuroprotection in Japan (unspecified route)