AlfadoloneAlternative Names: Alphadolone; Alphadolone acetate; R 140; V-140
Latest Information Update: 28 Sep 2005
At a glance
- Originator Monash University
- Class Analgesics; General anaesthetics; Pregnanes
- Mechanism of Action GABA A receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer pain
Most Recent Events
- 22 Sep 2005 Discontinued - Phase-I for Cancer pain in World (PO)
- 03 Oct 2003 RiboTargets has been integrated into British Biotech, which has merged with Vernalis Group to form Vernalis
- 23 Sep 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Cancer pain in World (PO)