SodelglitazarAlternative Names: 677954; GSK 677954; GW677954
Latest Information Update: 26 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulin sensitisers
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia; Metabolic syndrome; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 28 Feb 2007 Phase-II clinical trials in Hyperlipidaemia in World (PO)
- 28 Feb 2007 Phase-II clinical trials in Metabolic syndrome in World (PO)
- 05 Dec 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)