Research programme: JNK pathway inhibitors - Aegera TherapeuticsAlternative Names: AEG 3482
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Originator Aegera Therapeutics
- Class Small molecules; Sulfonamides; Sulfones; Sulfoxides; Thiadiazoles
- Mechanism of Action JNK mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Diabetic neuropathies; Neuropathic pain; Peripheral nervous system diseases
Most Recent Events
- 25 Mar 2008 A lead compound from this programme has entered clinical development
- 16 Mar 2007 Aegera Therapeutics initiates an accelerated screening programme to identify replacement compound(s) for AEG 33783
- 11 Apr 2006 Data presented at the 231st ACS National Meeting (231st-ACS-2006) have been added to the Neurological disorders pharmacodynamics section