Research programme: antibacterials - Optimer PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Aminoglycosides research programme - Optimer; Antibacterials research programme - Optimer Pharmaceuticals; Macrolides research programme - Optimer; OPT 11; OPT 382; OPT 527
Latest Information Update: 07 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator Optimer Pharmaceuticals
- Class Aminoglycosides; Macrolides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 17 Mar 2004 This programme is available for partnering (http://www.optimerpharma.com)
- 19 Feb 2004 This programme is still in active development
- 27 Nov 2002 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)