Latest Information Update: 04 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Enzyme inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gram-negative infections
Most Recent Events
- 11 Sep 2005 Vicuron Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into Pfizer
- 31 Mar 2003 Versicor is now called Vicuron Pharmaceuticals
- 17 Mar 2003 Versicor has merged with Biosearch Italia