Research programme: aurora kinase inhibitors - Vertex/NovartisAlternative Names: VX 528
Latest Information Update: 20 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Aurora kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jun 2004 Vertex has filed an IND with the FDA for a phase I study in cancer
- 26 Apr 2004 Data presented at the 95th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2004) have been added to the Cancer pharmacodynamics section
- 28 Nov 2002 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)