Research programme: HIV and HPV vaccines - LSBC/University of Cape Town
Latest Information Update: 15 Oct 2007
At a glance
- Originator Large Scale Biology Corporation (CEASED); University of Cape Town
- Class AIDS vaccines; Papillomavirus vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections; Human papillomavirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 23 Dec 2005 Large Scale Biology Corporation ceased operations
- 20 Apr 2004 Data presented at the 95th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2004) have been added to the Viral Infections immunogenicity section
- 02 Dec 2002 Preclinical trials in Human papillomavirus infections in USA (unspecified route)