Research programme: respiratory syncytial virus fusion inhibitors - Bristol-Myers SquibbAlternative Names: BMS-433771; BMS-505321
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antivirals; Benzimidazoles; Oximes; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Viral fusion protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory syncytial virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 02 Feb 2006 Data presented at the 45th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2005) have been added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity section
- 22 Sep 2005 This programme is still in active development - 230th American Chemical Society National Meeting (230th-ACS-2005)
- 06 Dec 2002 Preclinical trials in Respiratory syncytial virus infections in USA (PO)