Male contraceptive - Schering AG/OrganonAlternative Names: Etonogestrel/testosterone undecanoate; Male Pill - Schering/Organon; ORG 3236 plus testosterone undecanoate; Testosterone undecanoate/etonogestrel
Latest Information Update: 13 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Bayer Schering Pharma; Organon
- Mechanism of Action Progesterone receptor agonists; Testosterone agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Male contraception
Most Recent Events
- 13 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Phase-II for Pregnancy (Prevention)/Male contraception in Europe (Intradermal)
- 23 Jan 2004 Schering and Organon has initiated enrolment in a phase II trial for Pregnancy (Prevention)/Male Contraception in 14 centres throughout Europe
- 21 Nov 2002 Phase-II clinical trials in Pregnancy (Prevention)/Male contraception in Europe (Intradermal)