Latest Information Update: 03 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator Optimer Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Glycoside hydrolase inhibitors; Hexosaminidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 03 Jul 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Osteoarthritis in USA (unspecified route)
- 14 Jan 2003 Preclinical trials in Osteoarthritis in USA (unspecified route)