Amiodarone - Sonus PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: S 2646; Tocosol Amiodarone
Latest Information Update: 04 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Sonus Pharmaceuticals
- Class Benzofurans; Class III antiarrhythmics; Heart failure therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Beta-adrenergic receptor antagonists; KATP channel inhibitors; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Ventricular arrhythmias
Most Recent Events
- 04 Apr 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Ventricular arrhythmias in USA (unspecified route)
- 01 Jun 2005 No development reported - Preclinical for Ventricular arrhythmias in USA (unspecified route)
- 15 Oct 2002 Preclinical trials in Ventricular arrhythmias in USA (unspecified route)