Hantavirus vaccine - Chiron VaccinesAlternative Names: Hantavirus-vaccine
Latest Information Update: 03 Jun 2004
At a glance
- Originator Chiron Vaccines; United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Class Viral vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hantavirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 03 Jun 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hantavirus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Aug 2003 PowderJect Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Chiron Corporation
- 10 Feb 2003 Preclinical trials in Hantavirus infections in USA (unspecified route)