Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1b inhibitor - SeronoAlternative Names: PTP1b inhibitor
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2006
At a glance
- Originator Merck Serono
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetes mellitus; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2006 No development reported - Phase-I for Obesity in Switzerland (unspecified route)
- 22 May 2006 No development reported - Phase-I for Diabetes mellitus in Switzerland (unspecified route)
- 17 May 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Obesity in Switzerland (unspecified route)