Research programme: VEGF receptor antagonists - AstraZenecaAlternative Names: AZD 9935
Latest Information Update: 13 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors; Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Solid tumours in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 17 Dec 2007 AZD 9935 is still in preclinical trials for Solid tumours in the United Kingdom
- 26 Jul 2006 This programme is still in active development