Research programme: Bcr-Abl kinase inhibitors - Pfizer Global Research and DevelopmentAlternative Names: PD 166326; PD 180970
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antineoplastics; Pyridones; Pyrimidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Bcr-abl tyrosine kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chronic myeloid leukaemia
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Chronic myeloid leukaemia in USA (unspecified route)
- 15 May 2005 A preclinical study has been added to the cancer pharmacodynamics section
- 18 Dec 2003 Data presented at the 45th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology (ASH-2003) have been added to the Cancer pharmacodynamics section