Research programme: osteoporosis therapeutics - Galapagos/Genentech
Latest Information Update: 12 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Genentech; ProSkelia
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Integrin inhibitors; Osteoclast inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 22 Sep 2004 ProSkelia has merged with Strakan to form ProStrakan
- 21 Feb 2003 Preclinical trials in Osteoporosis in Europe (PO)
- 21 Feb 2003 Preclinical trials in Osteoporosis in USA (PO)