Research programme: antibacterials - 4SCAlternative Names: QSB agents - 4SC; Quorum sensing blocking agents - 4SC
Latest Information Update: 31 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator 4SC
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis-associated respiratory tract infections; Staphylococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 May 2005 This programme is still in active development - (BioSquare-2005)
- 24 Feb 2003 Preclinical trials in Staphylococcal infections in Europe (unspecified route)
- 24 Feb 2003 Preclinical trials in Cystic fibrosis-associated respiratory tract infections in Europe (unspecified route)