Research programme: GP41 inhibitors - Locus PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: GP41 inhibitors research programme - Locus Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2010
At a glance
- Originator Locus Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Viral fusion protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jun 2005 This programme is still in active development - (BIO-2005)
- 22 Jun 2004 The gp41 fusion inhibitors programme is available for licensing (http://www.locuspharma.com)
- 27 Feb 2003 Preclinical trials in Viral infections in USA (PO)