Latest Information Update: 18 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Ligand Pharmaceuticals; Wyeth
- Class Hormonal replacements; Oral contraceptives
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Contraception; Menopausal syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 18 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Menopausal syndrome in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Contraception in USA (unspecified route)
- 05 Mar 2003 Preclinical trials in Menopausal syndrome in USA (unspecified route)