Research programme: amyloid precursor protein secretase inhibitors - Astex Pharmaceuticals/AstraZenecaAlternative Names: AZ-12066871; BACE1 inhibitors - Astex Pharmaceuticals/AstraZeneca; Beta-secretase inhibitors - Astex Pharmaceuticals/AstraZeneca; Memapsin-2 inhibitors - Astex Pharmaceuticals/AstraZeneca
Latest Information Update: 16 Oct 2013
At a glance
- Originator Astex Pharmaceuticals; AstraZeneca
- Class Pyrimidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid precursor protein secretase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 11 Oct 2013 Astex Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- 01 Jan 2013 Preclinical development is ongoing in United Kingdom
- 12 Sep 2011 SuperGen is now called Astex Pharmaceuticals