Research programme: BACE1 protein inhibitors - The Genetics CompanyAlternative Names: BACE inhibitors
Latest Information Update: 07 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Originator The Genetics Company
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action BACE1 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jan 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in Switzerland (PO)
- 30 Mar 2006 This programme is still in active development for Alzheimer's disease
- 30 Mar 2004 Genetics Company and Morphochem have entered into a collaborative agreement for this programme in Alzheimer's disease