GS 9005Alternative Names: GS 224338; GS 4338; GS GS '4883
Latest Information Update: 01 Nov 2004
At a glance
- Originator Gilead Sciences
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Peptide hydrolase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 23 Oct 2004 Discontinued - Phase-I/II for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Jul 2004 Phase-I/II clinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 14 Jan 2004 Gilead has filed an IND with the FDA in the US for HIV infections treatment