Research programme: non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors - GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: 678248; GSK 3968A; GSK3986A; GW 3011; GW 4511; GW 4751; GW 8248; GW 8248X; GW 8635
Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Amides; Benzophenones
- Mechanism of Action Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 Aug 2008 Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics data from a preclinical trial in HIV infections presented at the 236th American Chemical Society National Meeting (236th-ACS-2008)
- 28 Jul 2003 Data presented at the 2nd IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment (IAS-2003) have been added to the Viral infections pharmacodynamics section ,
- 06 May 2003 Data presented at the 16th International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR-2003) have been added to the Viral infections therapeutic trials section