Research programme: cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors - NitroMedAlternative Names: COX-2 inhibitors research programme - NitroMed; Cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors research programme - NitroMed; Research programme: COX-2 inhibitors - NitroMed
Latest Information Update: 19 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator NitroMed
- Class Pyrazoles
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 19 Mar 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Pain in USA (unspecified route)
- 06 Mar 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Inflammation in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Mar 2005 Data presented at the 229th American Chemical Society National Meeting (229th-ACS-2005) have been added to the Inflammation pharmacodynamics section