Research programme: insulin mimetics - Merck & CoAlternative Names: Demethylasterriquinone B1; DMAQ-B1; Insulin mimetics research programme - Merck & Co
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Insulin receptor agonists; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neurological disorders; Obesity; Type 1 diabetes mellitus; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 25 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 25 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 25 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)