Research programme: HIV capsid assembly inhibitors - Achillion/University of Maryland
Latest Information Update: 31 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator Achillion Pharmaceuticals; University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action HIV replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 May 2007 This programme is still in development
- 07 Apr 2003 Preclinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)