At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Class Benzamides; Gastrokinetics; Piperidines
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Constipation
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- 07 Apr 2003 Preclinical trials in Constipation in Japan (unspecified route)