Diphtheria and tetanus nasal vaccine - Chiron/West PharmaceuticalAlternative Names: Nasal diphtheria and tetanus vaccine - Chiron/West Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 04 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Novartis; West Pharmaceutical Services
- Class Bacterial vaccines; Vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diphtheria; Tetanus
Most Recent Events
- 20 Apr 2006 Chiron Corporation has been acquired and merged into Novartis
- 31 Dec 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Tetanus in USA (Intranasal)
- 31 Dec 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Diphtheria in USA (Intranasal)