Research programme: siRNA HIV therapy - City of Hope/International TherapeuticsAlternative Names: siRNA HIV therapy research programme - Beckman Research Institute/City of Hope/International Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 04 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator City of Hope National Medical Center; International Therapeutics
- Class Small interfering RNA
- Mechanism of Action RNA interference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 04 May 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 11 Apr 2003 Preclinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)