At a glance
- Originator Aton Pharma
- Class Aminopyridines; Antineoplastics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Histone deacetylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Cancer in USA (IV)
- 02 Apr 2004 Aton Pharma has been acquired by Merck & Co.
- 15 Apr 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Cancer in USA (IV)