Research programme: beta secretase inhibitors - ActelionAlternative Names: Research programme: beta-secretase inhibitor
Latest Information Update: 27 Feb 2004
At a glance
- Originator Actelion Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein precursor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 27 Feb 2004 This programme is still in active development - (JP Morgan 22nd Annual Healthcare Conference)
- 03 Feb 2003 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Switzerland (unspecified route)