At a glance
- Originator Almirall-Prodesfarma
- Developer Almirall S.A.
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Non-opioid analgesics; Oxazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Osteoarthritis; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jun 2003 Phase-II/III clinical trials in Osteoarthritis in USA (PO)
- 20 Jun 2003 Phase-II/III clinical trials in Osteoarthritis in Spain (PO)
- 20 Jun 2003 Data presented at the 4th Annual European Congress of Rheumatology (EULAR-2003) have been added to the pharmacokinetics, adverse events and Rheumatic disease pharmacodynamics sections
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Scientific Summary
- Development History