Research programme: renin inhibitors 800 series - Speedel/LocusAlternative Names: SPP 800
Latest Information Update: 11 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Locus Pharmaceuticals; Speedel Experimenta
- Developer Novartis
- Mechanism of Action Renin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jan 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hypertension in Switzerland (unspecified route)
- 09 Jul 2008 Speedel has been acquired by Novartis
- 05 Apr 2006 This programme is still in active development - (BIO-Europe-2005)