Zidovudine triphosphate mimicsAlternative Names: Azidothymidine mimics; Azidothymidine triphosphate mimics; AZT-mimics; B-108; B-200; B-446; Zidovudine mimics
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Biota Inc
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors; Nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 May 2004 Data presented at the 17th International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR-2004) have been added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity section