Research programme: phosphodiesterase IV inhibitors - Celltech/MerckAlternative Names: PDE4 inhibitors research programme - Celltech/Merck
Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Celltech Group
- Developer Celltech Group; Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 29 Sep 2003 Merck & Co. has extended the development period of its phosphodiesterase-IV inhibitors collaboration with Celltech Group
- 25 Apr 2003 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (PO)
- 25 Apr 2003 Preclinical trials in Asthma (PO)