HIV vaccine - BioVex/NIAIDAlternative Names: AIDS vaccine - BioVex/NIAID; Prophylactic HIV vaccine - BioVex/NIAID
Latest Information Update: 27 Apr 2006
At a glance
- Originator BioVex; National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 27 Apr 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for HIV infections prevention in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Apr 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for HIV infections prevention in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 16 May 2003 Preclinical trials in HIV infections prevention in USA (unspecified route)