Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Rottapharm
- Class Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 1a adrenergic-receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Benign prostatic hyperplasia; Essential hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jun 2005 CR 2991 is available for licensing (http://www.rotta.com)
- 07 Mar 2005 Preclinical trials in Benign prostatic hyperplasia in Italy (unspecified route)
- 16 May 2003 Preclinical trials in Essential hypertension in Italy (PO)