Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Miravant Medical Technologies
- Class Cardiovascular therapies
- Mechanism of Action Photosensitisers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Vascular graft occlusion
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Vascular-graft-occlusion in USA
- 12 Jul 2004 Miravant and Guidant have entered into an agreement to co-develop PhotoPoint technology
- 23 Dec 2003 MV 2101 has received orphan drug status in the USA for the prevention of graft occlusion in patients undergoing dialysis