Latest Information Update: 05 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Ono Pharmaceutical
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 May 2006 Phase-II clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (PO)
- 22 May 2006 This compound is still in active development
- 07 Jun 2005 Phase-II clinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)