Latest Information Update: 22 Mar 2005
At a glance
- Originator Merck KGaA
- Class Heart failure therapies
- Mechanism of Action Sodium hydrogen antiporter inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure
Most Recent Events
- 22 Mar 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II for Heart failure in Europe (PO)
- 21 May 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Heart failure in Europe (PO)