At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Benzofurans
- Mechanism of Action Mucin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory tract disorders
Most Recent Events
- 23 May 2003 Preclinical trials in Respiratory tract disorders in USA (PO)